OVC's new e-publication provides guidelines and recommendations to help victim service providers and program administrators improve the quality and consistency of their response to crime victims.
OJJDP Administrator Robert Listenbee affirms OJJDP’s commitment to ensure that every youth involved with the juvenile justice system has early access to well-qualified counsel and quality postdisposition representation. Read his Message
See our Justice Events page for access to information about upcoming webinars, conferences, and trainings on a variety of topics.
Register to Stay Informed
Join the NCJRS community to stay informed about new publications, grants and funding opportunities, and other news and announcements.
Register now to receive emails from the federal sponsors.
Reconsidering Juvenile Life Sentences
In a new blog post, OJJDP Administrator Robert L. Listenbee and OVC Director Joye E. Frost discuss the importance of reforming juvenile life sentences.
- Public Safety Officers’ Benefits Programs office releases policy memorandum regarding mandatory wear policies
- Comments sought by September 2 on National Best Practices for Sexual Assault Kits: A Multidisciplinary Approach
- Effective August 8: Final rule for the Victims of Crime Act Formula Victim Assistance Grant Program
Safety, Health and Wellness Strategic Research Plan Available
NIJ has developed the Safety, Health, and Wellness Strategic Research Plan: 2016-2021 to describe the current and projected efforts of NIJ to promote the safety, health, and wellness of individuals affected by, or employed within, the criminal justice system.
The following funding opportunities were recently released:
- Second Chance Act Statewide Adult Recidivism Reduction Strategic Plan Implementation Program
Applications due: August 30, 2016
- Vision 21 Law Enforcement and the Communities They Serve: Supporting Collective Healing in the Wake of Harm
Applications due: September 7, 2016
See the OJP Funding Resource Center for additional information and resources.