Submit a nomination by July 31, 2016 Learn More
OJJDP Observes Child Abuse Prevention Month
Watch a video of Administrator Listenbee discussing the importance of trauma-informed assessment and interventions within the juvenile justice system in this issue of OJJDP News @ a Glance. Watch Now.
OJP Funding Now Available
OJP bureaus and offices have begun releasing solicitations for FY 2016 funding programs.
See the current opportunities
Register to Stay Informed
Join the NCJRS community to stay informed about new publications, grants and funding opportunities, and other news and announcements.
Register now to receive emails from the Federal sponsors.
Medal of Valor Awarded
President Obama awarded the Public Safety Officer Medal of Valor to 13 public safety officers who exhibited exceptional courage in saving and protecting others, going above and beyond the call of duty. Watch the ceremony.
Web Forum: Helping Incarcerated Victims of Crime
On May 24, 2016, at 2 p.m. (eastern time), OVC will present a Web Forum discussion with Linda McFarlane and Jeralita Costa. The discussion will cover ways to provide effective resources to people who were victimized before or during incarceration.
- JAG Program: State Solicitation
Applications due: June 30, 2016
- Defending Childhood American Indian/Alaska Native Policy Initiative: Supporting Trauma-Informed Juvenile Justice Systems for Tribes
Applications due: July 6, 2016
See the OJP Current Funding Opportunities page for more.
- TechBeat highlights security plan training for houses of worship, DNA software tools, and upcoming ballistic-resistant standard revisions
- Current issue of OJJDP News @ a Glance highlights efforts to promote the safety and well-being of children
- Blog highlights release of the National Protocol for Sexual Abuse Medical Forensic Examinations, Pediatric, which offers recommendations for caring for child victims of sexual abuse
- Federal Criminal Case Processing Statistics (FCCPS) tool now includes 2013 data