skip navigation


To whom can I report child abuse?
Each state designates specific agencies to receive and investigate reports of suspected child abuse and neglect. Typically, this responsibility is carried out by Child Protective Services (CPS). For information or assistance with reporting, please call the Childhelp National Child Abuse Hotline at 800-4-A-CHILD (800-422-4453) or contact your local CPS agency. Additional state contact information is available on the State Child Abuse Reporting Numbers section of the website. Please also see the NCJRS Child Abuse Special Feature for additional information and resources.

Last Updated: March 29, 2018

Ask Another Question

Email Your Question