skip navigation


Financial Recovery



  • What is the Antiterrorism and Emergency Assistance Grant Program for Terrorism and Mass Violence Crimes?
    The Office for Victims of Crime (OVC) administers the Antiterrorism and Emergency Assistance Grant P... Read More
    Last Updated: June 11, 2009

  • I am a victim of identity theft. What can I do?
    Please visit the Crime Victimization: Fraud and Identity Theft section of the Office for Victims of ... Read More
    Last Updated: January 17, 2014

  • Aside from compensation, how can I recover financial loss due to a violent crime?
    Some victims of crime file a civil suit against their offender or a third party to try to recover fi... Read More
    Last Updated: November 25, 2011

More Q&A


  • Innovative Practices for Victim Services: Report From the Field,  OVC, December 2014, NCJ 248495. (20 pages).
    HTML  NCJRS Abstract   

  • What You Can Do if You Are a Victim of Crime,  OVC, 2010, BC000790.
    PDF  HTML     

  • Repaying Debts: Report Summary,  BJA-Sponsored, October 2007, NCJ 220711. (10 pages).
    PDF  NCJRS Abstract   

  • Crime Victims Fund,  OVC, June 2013, FS 000391.

  • OVC Builds Capacity To Serve Crime Victims in Indian Country,  OVC, July 2013, FS 000393.

  • OVC Report to the Nation 2013, Fiscal Years 2011-2012: Transforming Today's Vision into Tomorrow's Reality,  OVC, June 2013, NCJ 242598.
    HTML  NCJRS Abstract   

More Publications

Related Links

More Related Links