Skip to main content
Phone or Mail
Browse By Topics
SEARCH Q & A
GRANTS & FUNDING
/ Event Details
Marijuana Analysis in a New Frontier: Two State Laboratory Approaches (Webinar)
March 05, 2020
National Institute of Justice (NIJ), U.S. Department of Justice
Forensic Technology Center of Excellence
1:00-2:30 p.m. ET
Laboratory Directors from Colorado and Virginia will discuss the legal landscape of marijuana and hemp in their respective jurisdictions: one with legalized marijuana and one without.
The analytical schemes used in both laboratories will be presented.
1) Changes to state legislation in response to the 2018 Farm Bill
2) Consideration of delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) vs. total THC
3) Communication to stakeholders on the limitations of testing
4) Tools and training materials provided to law enforcement
5) Current analytical schemes and reporting language
6) Plans for future methodology
Funding for this Forensic Technology Center of Excellence event has been provided by the National Institute of Justice.
Forensic Technology Center of Excellence customer support
Back To Results Page