Skip to main content
Phone or Mail
Browse By Topics
SEARCH Q & A
GRANTS & FUNDING
/ Event Details
Implementing Telehealth in Jails (Webinar)
August 13, 2020
Bureau of Justice Assistance (BJA), U.S. Department of Justice
2:00 p.m. ET
This webinar covers the fundamentals of telehealth and the experience of implementing telehealth in a correctional setting to support and facilitate physical health, mental health, and substance use treatment.
Implementing telehealth in jails is a crucial next step in providing treatment to individuals in the criminal justice system.
During this webinar, we will:
- Define telehealth and how to execute it in jails.
- Discuss the key components of effective telehealth in jails.
- Review the lessons learned implementing telehealth in jails.
Our presenters have extensive knowledge in developing, implementing, and evaluating telehealth programs for the identification and management of SUD:
- Saira Haque, Ph.D., Senior Health Informaticist and Virtual Care Portfolio Leader, RTI International
- Grant Victor, Ph.D., Researcher, Center for Behavioral Health and Justice, Wayne State University
Phone not available
Back To Results Page