skip navigation

PUBLICATIONS

Register for Latest Research

Stay Informed
Register with NCJRS to receive NCJRS's biweekly e-newsletter JUSTINFO and additional periodic emails from NCJRS and the NCJRS federal sponsors that highlight the latest research published or sponsored by the Office of Justice Programs.

NCJRS Abstract

The document referenced below is part of the NCJRS Virtual Library collection. To conduct further searches of the collection, visit the Virtual Library. See the Obtain Documents page for direction on how to access resources online, via mail, through interlibrary loans, or in a local library.

 

NCJ Number: 152602 Add to Shopping cart Find in a Library
Title: Crime in North Carolina 1993: Uniform Crime Report
Corporate Author: North Carolina State Bureau of Investigation
United States of America
Date Published: 1994
Page Count: 211
Sponsoring Agency: National Institute of Justice/
Rockville, MD 20849
NCJRS Photocopy Services
Rockville, MD 20849-6000
North Carolina State Bureau of Investigation
Raleigh, NC 27601
Sale Source: National Institute of Justice/
NCJRS paper reproduction
Box 6000, Dept F
Rockville, MD 20849
United States of America

NCJRS Photocopy Services
Box 6000
Rockville, MD 20849-6000
United States of America

North Carolina State Bureau of Investigation
407 North Blount Street
Raleigh, NC 27601
United States of America
Document: PDF
Type: Statistics
Language: English
Country: United States of America
Annotation: This 1993 North Carolina Uniform Crime Reports presents data on crime Index offenses, the value of property stolen and recovered, arrests, and police officers killed and assaulted.
Abstract: The statistics presented are based on monthly offense and arrest reports. Reported crime in North Carolina decreased 1 percent from 1992 to 1993. Violent crime (murder, rape, robbery, and aggravated assault) increased 1 percent. There was a 9- percent increase in murders. Robberies rose 5 percent; rape decreased 4 percent; and aggravated assault remained unchanged. Statistics also show that juveniles are becoming more violent and are becoming involved in drugs and crime. Although overall arrests for violent crime increased 4 percent, juvenile arrests of offenders 17 years old and under increased 13 percent. Arrests of juveniles 15 years old and under for violent crime increased 14 percent. Overall drug arrests decreased 2 percent, but the arrest numbers for youths 17 years old and under increased 16 percent. Four police officers were feloniously killed while performing their duty.
Main Term(s): Police statistics
Index Term(s): Arrest statistics; Assaults on police; Crime Statistics; North Carolina; Offense statistics; Police deaths; Uniform Crime Reporting (UCR) Program
To cite this abstract, use the following link:
http://www.ncjrs.gov/App/publications/abstract.aspx?ID=152602

*A link to the full-text document is provided whenever possible. For documents not available online, a link to the publisher's website is provided. Tell us how you use the NCJRS Library and Abstracts Database - send us your feedback.