Special Feature: Celebrate Safe Communities - Businesses
- Shoplifting: 2nd Edition
- Office of Community Oriented Policing Services, April 2013
- Workplace Violence, 1993-2009
- Bureau of Justice Statistics, March 2011
- Recommendations for Workplace Violence Prevention Programs in Late-Night Retail Establishments
- Occupational Safety & Health Administration, 2009
- Alcohol Outlets as Attractors of Violence and Disorder: A Closer Look at the Neighborhood Environment
- National Institute of Justice-Sponsored, April 2008
- Robbery of Convenience Stores
- Office of Community Oriented Policing Services, May 2007
- Bank Robbery
- Office of Community Oriented Policing Services, April 2007
- Burglary at Single-Family House Construction Sites
- Office of Community Oriented Policing Services, August 2006
- A Different Approach to Measuring Workplace Safety: Injuries and Fatalities Relative to Output
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, July 2006
- Partnering with Businesses to Address Public Safety Problems
- Office of Community Oriented Policing Services, April 2006
- Survey of Workplace Violence Prevention, 2005
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, 2006
- Guidelines for Preventing Workplace Violence for Health Care & Social Service Workers
- Occupational Safety & Health Administration, 2004
- Reducing Theft at Construction Sites: Lessons from a Problem-Oriented Project
- Office of Community Oriented Policing Services, January 2003
- Workplace Violence: Issues in Response
- National Center for the Analysis of Violent Crime, 2003
- Workplace Violence Fact Sheet
- Occupational Safety & Health Administration, 2002
- Keeping Illegal Activity Out of Rental Property: A Police Guide for Establishing Landlord Training Programs
- Bureau of Justice Assistance, March 2000
- The National Institute of Justice's CrimeSolutions.gov website is meant to help practitioners and policymakers understand what works in justice-related programs and practices. Included on CrimeSolutions.gov is program, practice, and topical information related to such topics as business improvement districts and closed circuit televisions (CCTV).
- National Crime Prevention Council (NCPC)
- With support from the Bureau of Justice Assistance, NCPC produces tools that communities can use to learn crime prevention strategies, engage community members, and coordinate with local agencies. Included on the NCPC website are information and resources on Workplace Safety.
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
- NIOSH provides leadership in the prevention of workplace illnesses and injuries.
- Occupational Safety & Health Administration: Workplace Violence
- This website provides information on the extent of violence in the workplace, assessing the hazards in different settings and developing workplace violence prevention plans for individual worksites.
- Safety and Preparedness Special Feature
- This NCJRS Special Feature offers concerned citizens, service providers, allied professionals, and military families with information on citizen preparedness, including publications and related resources on preparedness for the workplace.
- Workplace Safety and Health
- This section of the Department of Labor website highlights agency efforts at creating and maintaining safe working environments.
Search the NCJRS Abstracts Database for additional publications and resources on this topic.