Special Feature: Celebrate Safe Communities - Schools
- Indicators of School Crime and Safety
- Bureau of Justice Statistics, Annual Report
- Sharing Ideas and Resources to Keep our Nation’s Schools Safe (Volume III)
- National Institute of Justice-Sponsored, 2015
- Understanding School Violence
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2015
- Comprehensive School Safety Initiative Report
- National Institute of Justice, May 2014
- TechBeat Special Issue on School Safety
- National Institute of Justice-Sponsored, February 2013
- Bullying in Schools: An Overview
- Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention, December 2011
- Bomb Threats in Schools
- Office of Community Oriented Policing Services, September 2011
- Responding to Gangs in the School Setting
- Bureau of Justice Assistance- and Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention-Sponsored, November 2010
- Assigning Police Officers to Schools
- Office of Community Oriented Policing Services, June 2010
For additional and historical materials, see our School Safety Special Feature.
- Campus Safety Special Feature
- This NCJRS online resource contains a compilation of links to publications and related websites focusing on crime and safety on campuses of higher education.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- The CDC website contains information about school safety in its Adolescent and School Health and School Violence sections.
- Gang Resistance Education and Training (G.R.E.A.T.) Program
- Administered by the Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention (OJJDP), the G.R.E.A.T. Program is a school-based, law enforcement officer-instructed classroom curriculum. The program's primary objective is prevention and is intended as an immunization against delinquency, youth violence, and gang membership.
- GirlsHealth.gov: Bullying
- GirlsHealth.gov was created by the National Women's Health Information Center to help girls learn about health, growing up, and issues they may face. It focuses on health topics that girls are concerned about, including bullying.
- National Crime Prevention Council (NCPC)
- With support from the Bureau of Justice Assistance, NCPC produces tools that communities can use to learn crime prevention strategies, engage community members, and coordinate with local agencies. Included on the NCPC site is information about school safety and bullying.
- Not Alone: Together Against Sexual Assault
- This White House website provides information for students, schools, and anyone interested in finding resources on how to respond to and prevent sexual assault on college and university campuses and in our schools.
- Office of Community Oriented Policing Services (COPS)
- The COPS website includes a section on Supporting Safe School, which highlights COPS' efforts related to creating safe school environments, such as the Safe Schools and COPS in Schools funding programs.
- Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention (OJJDP)
- OJJDP provides national leadership, coordination, and resources to prevent and respond to juvenile delinquency and victimization.
- Safe Schools/Healthy Students
- The Safe Schools/Healthy Students Initiative is a unique federal grant-making program designed to prevent violence and substance abuse among our Nation's youth, schools, and communities.
- School Safety Special Feature
- The NCJRS School Safety Special Feature captures information, products, training, and additional resources on the topic.
- This website, created by the Health Resources and Services Administration of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, provides information on bullying, including where children can turn if they are being bullied and resources for adults to help prevent bullying.
- U.S. Department of Education: Working to Keep Schools and Communities Safe
- This site provides information about efforts aimed at ensuring that schools remain sanctuaries for teaching and learning, free of crime and violence.
- Youth Violence Special Feature
- This NCJRS Special Feature contains a page dedicated to School Violence Prevalence and Prevention, which provides links to publications and resources focusing on violence in schools and the prevention of such violence.
Search the NCJRS Abstracts Database and visit the Juvenile Justice: Drugs/Underage Drinking, Juvenile Justice: School Safety, and Juvenile Justice: Bullying sections of our site for additional publications and resources on this topic.