Special Feature: Celebrate Safe Communities - Families, Homes and Self-Protection
- Don't Be FooledAre you about to buy a rebuilt wreck or a cloned car?
- Bureau of Justice Assistance, September 2009
- Thefts of and from Cars on Residential Streets and Driveways
- Office of Community Oriented Policing Services, February 2007
- Motor Vehicle Theft Prevention Precautions
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, September 2006
- Assessing Trends and Best Practices of Motor Vehicle Theft Prevention Programs, Final Report
- National Institute of Justice-Sponsored, February 2005
- Project ChildSafe
- Bureau of Justice Assistance, May 2004
- Thefts of and From Cars in Parking Facilities
- Office of Community Oriented Policing Services, January 2002
- Personal Safety for Children: A Guide for Parents
- Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention, 2002
- Telemarketing Fraud Prevention, Public Awareness, and Training Activities
- Office for Victims of Crime, August 1998
- The Watch Your Car Program
- Bureau of Justice Assistance, February 1998
- A Parent's Guide to Internet Safety
- Federal Bureau of Investigation, No publication date indicated
- In the Spotlight: Identity Theft
- This section of our website contains comprehensive information on identity theft, including facts and figures, legislation, publications, programs, training and technical assistance, and grants and funding.
- Internet Safety Special Feature
- This NCJRS Special Feature offers concerned citizens resources on Internet safety addressing such Internet crimes as cyberstalking, cyberbullying, child pornography, Internet fraud, and identity theft.
- National Crime Prevention Council (NCPC)
- With support from the Bureau of Justice Assistance, NCPC produces tools that communities can use to learn crime prevention strategies, engage community members, and coordinate with local agencies.
- National Motor Vehicle Title Information System (NMVTIS)
- The NMVTIS website is designed to help consumers protect themselves from fraud and unsafe vehicles and keep stolen vehicles from being resold. Using the NMVTIS site, consumers can access vehicle condition and history information including title data, brand history, odometer reading, total loss history, and salvage history.
- Safety and Preparedness Special Feature
- This NCJRS Special Feature offers concerned citizens, service providers, allied professionals, and military families with information on citizen preparedness and volunteer opportunities.
- Vehicle-Related Theft
- This section of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) website provides information and data on automobile theft and the prevention of such offenses.
Search the NCJRS Abstracts Database and visit the following sections of the NCJRS website for additional publications and resources: