skip navigation

Add your conference to our Justice Events calendar


Does the Office for Victims of Crime (OVC) provide direct services to victims of crime?
The Office for Victims of Crime (OVC) provides direct services to people victimized on Tribal or Federal lands, such as military bases and national parks, and American citizens victimized in foreign countries. OVC also assists victims of crime by providing:
  • Emergency funds for federal criminal justice agencies to provide victims of federal crimes (e.g., kidnaping and bank robbery) with needed services (e.g., crisis counseling and temporary shelter) when these services are otherwise unavailable.
  • Grants for victim assistance programs in Indian Country.
  • Information, benefits, and services for U.S. nationals who are victims of terrorism abroad. Victims are given assistance in accessing services, traveling to participate in trials and briefings, and obtaining information on the criminal justice process.
If you are interested in locating support following a victimization, you may want to contact a victim assistance or victim compensation program in your state. You may also want to contact one or more national victim serving organizations for a referral.

Last Updated: November 10, 2011

Ask Another Question

Email Your Question