Special Feature: Community Corrections - Training
- Thinking for a Change (Version 4.0)
- National Institute of Corrections, June 2016
- Promising Victim-Related Practices in Probation and Parole
Office for Victims of Crime-Sponsored, February 2013
- Introduction/Presentation | Instructor Manual | Participant Manual
- Exercises for Developing MI Skills in Corrections
- National Institute of Corrections, April 2012
- Motivational Interviewing in Corrections: A Comprehensive Guide to Implementing MI in Corrections
- National Institute of Corrections, February 2012
- Center for Sex Offender Management (CSOM) Training Curricula
- The CSOM Training Curricula site features several training curricula for probation and parole agencies and other stakeholders across the country who share responsibility for sex offender management.
- National Institute of Corrections (NIC): Training
- NIC provides management and specialty training for staff of state and local corrections throughout the U.S. and its commonwealths and territories. NIC also offers live satellite broadcasts and recordings, including:
- Offender Reentry: The Value of Victim Involvement
- Offender Employment Retention: Worth the Work
- Correctional Industries: A Working Solution
- National Parole Resource Center (NPRC)
- Funded in part by the Bureau of Justice Assistance, NPRC is a national initiative that underscores the critical role that paroling authorities play in the American criminal justice system. NPRC serves as a source of information, training, and technical assistance for paroling authorities and the supervision agencies that they oversee and with whom they collaborate.
- National Reentry Resource Center
- Sponsored by the Bureau of Justice Assistance, the National Reentry Resource Center provides education, training, and technical assistance to states, tribes, territories, local governments, service providers, nonprofit organizations, and corrections agencies working on prisoner reentry.
- Swift Certain Fair Resource Center
- The Swift Certain Fair Resource Center supports state, local, territorial, and tribal jurisdictions and agencies in implementing swift and certain sanctions in community corrections. The Center provides resources and materials, and free training and technical assistance to eligible programs.
- U.S. Courts – Probation and Pretrial Services Training Academy
- Established in 2005 at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC)-Charleston, the Academy provides newly appointed U.S. Probation and Pretrial Services officers with the skills necessary to safely begin their new careers. The Academy also provides instruction to U.S. Probation and Pretrial Services Officers who are serving as their district's firearms instructor or officer safety instructor.