Special Feature: Correctional Resources - Training
Publications & Multimedia
- The Vicarious Trauma Toolkit
- Office for Victims of Crime, April 2017
- Thinking for a Change 4.0
- National Institute of Corrections, 2016
- Strengthening Education in Short-term Juvenile Detention Centers Manual
- Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention-Sponsored, September 2016
- Desktop Guide to Quality Practice for Working with Youth in Confinement
- Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention-Sponsored, 2014
- PREA: What You Need to Know (Inmate Education Facilitator's Guide)
- Bureau of Justice Assistance-Sponsored, February 2014
- Workplace Learning Annotated Bibliography
- National Institute of Corrections, January 2014
- Motivational Interviewing in Corrections: A Comprehensive Guide to Implementing MI in Corrections
- National Institute of Corrections, February 2012
- Identifying Core Competencies and Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs) for Jail Leaders: Methods and Outcomes
- Bureau of Justice Assistance-Sponsored, June 2011
- Essential Skills for New Supervisors (DVD)
- National Institute of Corrections, 2011
- Evidence-Based Practice Skills Assessment for Criminal Justice Organizations, Version 1.0
- National Institute of Corrections, 2010
- Community Corrections Special Feature
- The NCJRS Community Corrections Special Feature focuses on resources for community corrections personnel and includes a section on Training.
- Federal Bureau of Prisons (BOP): Training Centers
- This section of the BOP site provides information about the different training programs and academies available to BOP and other corrections personnel.
- National Institute of Corrections (NIC): Training
- NIC provides management and specialty training for staff of state and local corrections throughout the U.S. and its commonwealths and territories. Trainings are available for juvenile justice, federal prison system, and military corrections personnel through interagency agreements. NIC also offers live satellite and video opportunities, which you may learn about on the Video Learning Opportunities section of the NIC site.
- National PREA Resource Center (PRC)
- With funding from the Bureau of Justice Assistance (BJA), PRC serves as a national resource for online and direct support, training and technical assistance, and research to assist adult and juvenile corrections, tribal detention, and law enforcement professionals in their ongoing work for establishing zero-tolerance and the elimination of sexual assault, victimization, and staff sexual misconduct in confinement environments. PRC assists the field with better identifying and promulgating best and promising practices and assisting correctional agencies in the implementation of the National Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA) Standards.