In Focus: Internet Safety
Malicious cyber actors across the world target U.S. citizens, businesses, and military and government entities every day. They cause billions of dollars in losses, making cybercrime a growing threat for law enforcement.
Supported by BJA, the Law Enforcement Cyber Center serves as a central online resource to enhance the awareness, expand the education, and build the capacity of justice professionals toward the global goal of combating high tech crimes.
Additionally, through programs such as OJJDP's Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force Program, OJP is working to help agencies develop effective response to online crimes against children, including technology-facilitated child sexual exploitation.
Publications and Resources
- Internet Crimes Against Children (ICAC) Task Force Program
- Funded by OJJDP, the ICAC Task Force Program was created to help law enforcement agencies enhance their investigative response to individuals who use the internet, online communication systems, or other computer technology to sexually exploit children.
- Law Enforcement Cyber Center
- With support from BJA, the Law Enforcement Cyber Center serves as a central online resource to meet the specific and practical needs of law enforcement personnel working to combat cyber threats and crimes.
- Report of the Attorney General's Cyber Digital Task Force
- This report focuses on how the Department of Justice is responding to cyber threats.