Special Feature: Elder Abuse - Domestic Violence
- Documentation of Resident to Resident Elder Mistreatment in Residential Care Facilities
- National Institute of Justice-Sponsored, March 2014
- Understanding Elder Abuse: New Directions for Developing Theories of Elder Abuse Occurring in Domestic Settings
- National Institute of Justice, June 2013
- Elder Justice: Stronger Federal Leadership Could Enhance National Response to Elder Abuse
- U.S. Government Accountability Office, March 2011
- The Course of Domestic Abuse Among Chicago's Elderly: Risk Factors, Protective Behaviors, and Police Intervention
- National Institute of Justice-Sponsored, June 2010
- The Nexus Between Economics and Family Violence: The Expected Impact of Recent Economic Declines on the Rates and Patterns of Intimate, Child and Elder Abuse
- National Institute of Justice-Sponsored, March 2010
- People with Dementia as Witnesses to Emotional Events
- National Institute of Justice-Sponsored, December 2009
- Testing a Model of Domestic Abuse Against Elder Women and Perceived Barriers to Help-Seeking: Comparing Victim and Non-Victim Responses
- National Institute of Justice-Sponsored, November 2009
- Bruising as a Forensic Marker of Physical Elder Abuse
- National Institute of Justice-Sponsored, March 2009
- Statewide Profile of Abuse of Older Women and the Criminal Justice Response: Final Report
- National Institute of Justice-Sponsored, March 2008
- Barriers to and Promising Practices for Collaboration Between Adult Protective Services And Domestic Violence Programs
- National Center on Elder Abuse, May 2007
- Late Life Domestic Violence
- This webpage from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services' Administration for Community Living provides access to information and resources that focus on domestic violence among the elderly.
- In Their Own Words: Domestic Abuse in Later Life
- Created for the Office for Victims of Crime, this training guide and associated DVDs (accessible on the OVC website) present compelling stories of abuse in later life conveyed by the survivors themselves, amplified by interviews with the professionals who worked with them. This training package can fill a significant gap in training resources for a wide range of practitioners who, through their daily professional responsibilities, regularly encounter older victims of domestic abuse.
- National Center on Elder Abuse (NCEA)
- Sponsored by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, NCEA serves as a national resource center dedicated to the prevention of elder mistreatment. The NCEA site contains state and federal law information, FAQs, and publications, as well as statistics relating to elder abuse and information specifically about domestic violence.
- National Institute of Justice (NIJ): Elder Abuse
- The Elder Abuse section of the NIJ website provides information about and research on elder abuse and related topics.
- Office for Victims of Crime (OVC): Elder Abuse/Mistreatment
- The Elder Abuse/Mistreatment section of the OVC website provides information and resources to help bring greater awareness to the crime of elder abuse and mistreatment.