Special Feature: Elder Abuse - Fraud and Financial Abuse
- Elder Abuse Resource Roadmap: Financial
- Department of Justice, October 2016
- Protecting Yourself & Medicare from Fraud
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, August 2015
- The Elder Justice Roadmap: A Stakeholder Initiative to Respond to an Emerging Health, Justice, Financial and Social Crisis
- Department of Justice- and Department of Health and Human Services-Sponsored, July 2014
- Financial Exploitation of the Elderly in a Consumer Context
- National Institute of Justice-Sponsored, 2014
- Elder Justice: Federal Government Has Taken Some Steps but Could Do More to Combat Elder Financial Exploitation
- U.S. Government Accountability Office, May 2013
- Protect Your Pocketbook: Tips to Avoid Financial Exploitation
- Administration on Aging, November 2012
- Elder Justice: Stronger Federal Leadership Could Enhance National Response to Elder Abuse
- U.S. Government Accountability Office, March 2011
- Financial Abuse of Elderly People vs. Other Forms of Elder Abuse: Assessing Their Dynamics, Risk Factors, and Society's Response
- National Institute of Justice-Sponsored, February 2011
- Conceptualizing and Measuring Financial Exploitation and Psychological Abuse of Elderly Individuals
- National Institute of Justice-Sponsored, August 2009
- Durable Power of Attorney Fact Sheet: Consumers
- American Bar Association, 2008
- Durable Power of Attorney Fact Sheet: Criminal Justice Professionals
- American Bar Association, 2008
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI): Common Fraud Schemes
- This section of the FBI website presents information about different types of scams, including scams that specifically target senior citizens, and how to avoid becoming a victim of fraud.
- Federal Trade Commission (FTC): IdentityTheft.gov
- This FTC website offers an array of tools for identity theft victims, including the means to quickly and easily file a complaint with the FTC and get a free, personalized recovery plan.
- Financial Fraud Enforcement Task Force (FFETF)
- Established in November 2009 and made up of federal agencies, US Attorneys Offices and state and local partners, FFETF is improving efforts to investigate and prosecute significant financial crimes, ensure just and effective punishment for those who perpetrate financial crimes, recover proceeds for victims and address financial discrimination in the lending and financial markets.
- Help Fight Medicare Fraud
- This section of the Medicare.gov website highlights information about Medicare fraud, how to detect fraudulent activities, and how to protect against fraud.
- Identity Theft and Identity Fraud
- This Department of Justice website focuses on the crimes of identity theft and identity fraud and what should be done to prevent becoming victimized by these offenses.
- NCJRS: Fraud Awareness Special Feature
- The NCJRS Fraud Awareness Special Feature contains links to publications and resources that focus on the prevention of and enforcement efforts aimed at stopping fraudulent activities.
- Office for Victims of Crime (OVC): Elder Abuse/Mistreatment
- The Elder Abuse/Mistreatment section of the OVC website provides information and resources to help bring greater awareness to the crime of elder abuse and mistreatment.
- U.S. Department of Justice: Elder Justice Initiative
- This site serves as a resource for victims of elder abuse and financial exploitation and their families; practitioners who serve them; law enforcement agencies and prosecutors; and researchers seeking to understand and address this silent epidemic plaguing our nation's elders.
For additional publications on this topic, conduct a search of the NCJRS Abstracts Database and visit the following sections of our site: