Special Feature: Gangs - Prevalence
Publications & Multimedia
- Indicators of School Crime and Safety: 2018
- Bureau of Justice Statistics and National Center for Education Statistics, April 2019
- 2015 National Gang Report
- National Gang Intelligence Center, February 2017
- Gangs and Sex Trafficking in San Diego
- National Institute of Justice, September 2016
- Nature and Extent of Gang Involvement in Sex Trafficking in San Diego County
- National Institute of Justice-Sponsored, January 2016
- Live Fast, Die Young: Anticipated Early Death and Adolescent Violence and Gang Involvement
- National Institute of Justice-Sponsored, 2016
- Highlights of the 2012 National Youth Gang Survey
- Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention, December 2014
- Social Networks, Delinquency, and Gang Membership: Using a Neighborhood Framework to Examine the Influence of Network Composition and Structure in a Latino Community
- Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention-Sponsored, February 2012
- U.S. Gang Problem Trends and Seriousness, 1996-2009
- Bureau of Justice Assistance- and Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention-Sponsored, May 2011
- History of Street Gangs in the United States
- Bureau of Justice Assistance- and Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention-Sponsored, May 2010
- Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS): Gangs
- The BJS Gangs page provides access to information and data on gang activity and gang-related victimization.
- National Gang Center
- Jointly funded by the Bureau of Justice Assistance and the Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention, the National Gang Center disseminates information, knowledge, and outcome‐driven practices that engage and empower those in local communities with chronic and emerging gang problems. The National Gang Center website captures data on local gangs and youth gang survey results.
- National Institute of Corrections (NIC): Gangs (Security Threat Groups)
- This section of the NIC site provides access to videos, reports, and other materials that focus on gangs, including gangs in correctional settings.
- National Institute of Justice (NIJ)
- NIJ is the research, development, and evaluation agency of the U.S. Department of Justice and is dedicated to researching crime control and justice issues. The Gangs and Gang Crime section of the NIJ site provides access to information and data on gang activity and prevention efforts.