Should dealers be allowed to participate in drug court treatment?
- Yeah. Because you’re putting the drugs out there and you’re creating the problem and
don’t realize that you’re the problem yourself, until you get caught up in it.
- If you don’t [allow them in], that eliminates a lot of people that’s gonna come in here
with a drug problem.
- The reason I started drug dealing was so that I wouldn’t have to spend money on drugs.
- You can prevent a lot of problems in the future. You can prevent a lot of drug addicts. I
should think they would want to spend money on prevention.
- I see it as they need to be in this program also, because we’re in the same boat as those
people who was using drugs. You have to see the carnage that you put out there. The
destruction. The downside to it all.
- I think it depends on them. What kind of dealer they are. If this is all just to support their
habit, yeah. If they’re big-time dealers, that’s different.
Back to The Treatment Experience
Chance: Perspectives on Drug Courts