Chapter 2: What Crime Maps Do and How They Do It
Chapter 2 has explained:
- What crime maps should do.
- How crime maps do what they do.
- How to choose the right kind of crime map.
- Types of thematic maps.
- How to choose class intervals in numerical data.
- Why data should be explored.
- What is involved in crime map design.
- How crime map design, abstraction, and legibility are related.
What's Next in Chapter 3?|
How maps can be designed to address specific issues and audiences, such as:
- Patrol Officers.
How maps can be used:
- To support community oriented policing and problem oriented policing.
- In courts and corrections.
- When communicating with policymakers.