Chapter 6: Crime Mapping Futures
Chapter 6 has explained:
- What types of changes may be
expected in crime mapping in the
- What geographic profiling is and how it can be useful.
- High-resolution GIS and how it can
- How complex statistical methods can be used in spatial forecasting.
- Why digital aerial photography is
finding applications in crime mapping.
- How various kinds of data visualization can be productively integrated.
- How GIS and GPS can work together.
- How the World Wide Web may both increase and limit data access.
- Why we can expect continuing debate on public access to crime data and the results of crime analysis.
- What to expect in terms of applications of multimedia and integration