|Table 2: Challenges to System Collaboration|
|Challenge||Solution||Operating with different terminology (juvenile court
and mental health system).||
- Cross train.
- Share each other's turf.
|Defining roles (Who's in charge?).
- Conduct team development training.
- Conduct job shadowing sessions.
- Share myths and realities.
- Set up a common database.
- Share organization charts and phone lists.
- Share paperwork.
- Promote flexibility in schedules to
support attendance at meetings.
|Addressing issues of community safety.
- Document safety plans.
- Develop protocol for high-risk youth.
- Demonstrate adherence to court orders.
- Communicate with district attorneys and public defenders.
|Keeping the stakeholders informed.
- Track and report outcomes.
- Share literature.
- Conduct workshops.
|Sharing the value base.
- Reinforce Wraparound values in all meetings.
- Conduct strength-based cross training.
- Include parents in joint meetings.