` OJJDP News @ a Glance - March/April 2008
skip
OJJDP News @ a Glance bannerOffice of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency PreventionOffice of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency PreventionOffice of Justice ProgramsOffice of Justice Programs seal
Top Story

OJJDP Conferences Reach Out to Faith-Based and Community Organizations
OJJDP hosted two conferences for faith-based and community organizations during March and April. more

Special Features

Administrator Flores Stresses Preventive Measures at 24th National
     Symposium on Child Abuse
Administrator Flores Addresses Working Group on Internet Child Safety
Deputy Administrator Speaks at Blueprints Conference
Training Sessions Held for Disproportionate Minority Contact Coordinators
OJJDP To Host National Youth Gang Symposium in June 2008

Other News

New Publications

Juvenile Accountability Block Grants Program: 2005 Report to Congress
Coming Soon: Girls Study Group Bulletin Series
News From the Coordinating Council
News From the Advisory Committee
OJJDP Staff News

Did You Know?

Professionals who come in contact with children as a part of their occupation (e.g., teachers, police officers, doctors, childcare providers) are required by law in most States to notify child protective services agencies of suspected maltreatment. Thus, professionals are the most common source of maltreatment reports (57%). Sources other than professionals (including relatives, neighbors, and anonymous sources) account for the remaining 43% of reports.

From Juvenile Offenders and Victims: 2006 National Report

For more information on child abuse prevention, see the article "Administrator Flores Stresses Preventive Measures at 24th National Symposium on Child Abuse" in this issue, or visit the Web site of the 24th National Symposium on Child Abuse, sponsored by The National Children's Advocacy Center.

March/April 2008 Printer-Friendly Version icon

News @ a Glance is OJJDP's bimonthly newsletter, bringing you a convenient, up-to-date overview of the Office's activities, recent publications, funding opportunities, and upcoming events. We hope you find it useful, and we welcome your feedback—let us know what types of features you would most like to see (go to askjj.ncjrs.gov).

Browse the
News @ a Glance archives

Subscribe to OJJDP News @ a GlanceE-mail the current issue to a colleague



OJJDP Home | About OJJDP | E-News | Topics | Funding | Programs
State Contacts | Publications | Statistics | Events