Alcohol Consumption by Youth in the United States
According to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention cited on the Underage Drinking Enforcement Training Center's Web site, among students in grades 9 through 12
- Seventy-five percent had at least one drink of alcohol on one or more days during their life.
- Twenty-four percent had their first drink of alcohol, other than a few sips, before age 13.
- Forty-five percent had at least one drink of alcohol on one or more occasions in the past 30 days.
- Twenty-six percent had five or more drinks of alcohol in a row (i.e., binge drinking) in the past 30 days.
- Four percent had at least one drink of alcohol on school property on one or more of the past 30 days.