Special Feature: Internet Safety - Internet Privacy
Publications and Multimedia
- Law Enforcement Cyber Center
- Bureau of Justice Assistance-Sponsored, April 2018
- OnGuard Online, July 2017
- Children's Online Privacy Protection Rule: A Six-Step Compliance Plan for Your Business
- Federal Trade Commission, June 2017
- Online Privacy & Safety Tips
- Office on Violence Against Women-Sponsored, 2017
- Securing Your Web Browser
- U.S. Computer Emergency Readiness Team, September 2015
- Protecting Your Child's Privacy Online
- Federal Trade Commission, July 2013
- Children's Online Privacy Protection Rule: Not Just for Kids' Sites
- Federal Trade Commission, April 2013
- How to Keep Your Personal Information Secure
- Federal Trade Commission, July 2012
- Socializing Securely: Using Social Networking Services
- U.S. Computer Emergency Readiness Team, 2011
- Commercial Data Privacy and Innovation in the Internet Economy: A Dynamic Policy Framework
- Department of Commerce Internet Privacy Task Force, December 2010
- Social Networking & Privacy Tips for Domestic & Sexual Violence Programs
- Office on Violence Against Women-Sponsored, 2010
- Agency's Use of Technology Best Practices & Policies Toolkit
- This resource provides guidance for programs that provide services to victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, stalking, and trafficking on best practices to help maintain the safety and security of crime victims and their personal information. With support from the Office for Victims of Crime, the toolkit was produced by the National Network to End Domestic Violence's Safety Net Project which develops resources and information on the use of technology for survivors and the agencies that support them.
- Department of Homeland Security (DHS): Cybersecurity
- This section of the DHS website provides information about cyber threats, how to act against and protect yourself from such threats, and how to promote awareness of cyber security.
- Federal Trade Commission (FTC)
- The FTC site provides information about consumer safety, Internet privacy, and online safety for children. See the Privacy, Identity & Online Security page and the Privacy and Security page to learn more.
- ID Theft Help App
- Developed with grant funding from the Office for Victims of Crime, this app provides resources for identity theft victims and offers educational tools on how to protect against identity theft.
- The Stop.Think.Connect. campaign is aimed at increasing the understanding of cyber threats and empowering Americans to be safer and more secure online.
- Technology & Confidentiality Resources Toolkit
- This guide was created to help organizations which receive Office on Violence Against Women grant funding on how to ensure confidentiality in accordance to federal laws, when and how much information should be maintained, and how any confidential information should be shared with outside parties. The toolkit was produced by the National Network to End Domestic Violence's Safety Net Project.
- Technology Safety & Privacy: A Toolkit for Survivors
- This toolkit contains safety tips, information, and privacy strategies for survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault, stalking, and trafficking related to the use of technology. With support from the Office for Victims of Crime, the toolkit was produced by the National Network to End Domestic Violence's Safety Net Project.