The conference will include preconference training sessions on Monday, January 9, followed by 3 ½ days of workshops, plenary sessions, and exhibits beginning on Tuesday, January 10.
Preconference Sessions (January 9)
The full-day preconference sessions will address the following topics:
Conference Workshops (January 10?13)
- Assessing and addressing disproportionate minority contact.
- Community planning.
- Monitoring for compliance with the JJDP Act of 2002.
- Gender-specific training.
The conference workshops will address a number of themes, including:
- Trends in victimization, delinquency, and the juvenile justice system.
- Targeting youth with the greatest need.
- Family strengthening and youth development.
- Mental health needs of youth in the system.
- Youth victimization and violence.
- Holding programs and ourselves accountable.
- Identifying what works.
Preconference registration (for events on January 9): $100 ($125, if postmarked after December 9, 2005).
Conference registration (for events on January 10?13): $450 ($525, if postmarked after December 9, 2005).
For more information and to register online for the conference, see the Coordinating Council's Web site (www. juvenilecouncil.gov). If you do not subscribe to JUVJUST, OJJDP's electronic listserv, visit OJJDP's homepage, www.ojjdp.ncjrs.org, to sign up. JUVJUST subscribers receive conference updates as soon as information is available.
If you have questions, e-mail them to email@example.com.