Special Feature: Missing Children - Statistics
Publications and Multimedia
- AMBER Alert Report: Analysis of AMBER Alert Cases
- Office of Justice Programs, Annual Report
- National Crime Information Center (NCIC) Missing Person and Unidentified Person Statistics
- Federal Bureau of Investigation, Annual Report
- AMBER Alert Training and Technical Assistance Program Fact Sheet
- Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention-Sponsored, September 2019
- National Estimates of Missing Children: Updated Findings From a Survey of Parents and Other Primary Caretakers
- Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention, June 2017
- Child Victims of Stereotypical Kidnappings Known to Law Enforcement in 2011
- Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention, June 2016
- National Center for Missing & Exploited Children (NCMEC)
- NCMEC works to locate and recover missing children and raises public awareness about ways to prevent child abduction, molestation, and sexual exploitation.
- National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
- Administered by the National Institute of Justice, NamUs is the first national online repository for missing records and unidentified decedent cases.
- Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention (OJJDP)
- OJJDP supports states, local communities, and tribal jurisdictions in their efforts to develop and implement effective programs for juveniles. Access the Missing and Exploited Children, National Missing Children's Day, and Runaway and Homeless Youth sections of the OJJDP website for program information and links to publications and resources.