This file is provided for reference purposes only. It was current when produced, but is no longer maintained and may now be outdated. Please select www.ovc.gov
to access current information.
of Procedural Considerations for the Family Assistance Center
In a mass-fatality event, procedures must
be established and followed to effectively accomplish the following:
- Collect antemortem data.
- Conduct death notifications.
- Coordinate and manage many volunteers.
- Determine fiscal responsibility for expenses.
- Dispose of common tissue.
- Establish victims suffering.
- Implement security measures.
- Work with the media.
to Procedural Considerations
|Providing Relief to Families
After a Mass Fatality
The information on this page is archived and provided for reference purposes only.