This file is provided for reference purposes only. It was current when produced, but is no longer maintained and may now be outdated. Please select www.ovc.gov
to access current information.
of Site Selection Considerations
for the Family Assistance Center
- Site selection factors.
- Type of disaster event and number
- Location in relation to the disaster
site and the morgue.
- Availability of a neutral, nonreligious
site (e.g., hotel, school).
- Needs of the many participating agencies.
- Availability of facilityimmediate
and long term.
- Electrical power.
- Telephone service.
- A sufficient number of toilets.
- Controlled heat/air conditioning,
water, and sewage.
- Adequate parking.
- Security options.
- Disability accommodations.
- Space and floor plan. Accommodate
the performance of many functions and delivery of services. Space should
be provided for
- Operations center and administrative
- Large general assembly room with
a public address system.
- Reflection room.
- Death notification rooms.
- Counseling rooms.
- Medical area.
- Reception area.
to Site Selection Considerations
|Providing Relief to Families
After a Mass Fatality
The information on this page is archived and provided for reference purposes only.