This is the "Silver
Anniversary" of NCVRW
(1981 to 2005)
DATES: Sunday, April 10
through Saturday, April
THEME: Justice Isn't
Served Until Crime
THEME COLORS: Blue
(Pantone #308) and
Silver (Pantone #877)
FONT: The font utilized throughout the Guide is Franklin
Gothic (in several font sizes).
- The Third Annual National Candlelight Observance
of NCVRW (sponsored by OVC in Washington, D.C.)
is scheduled for Thursday, April 7, 2005, and
all are invited to attend. Please visit
the specific time and location.
- "A Tribute to President Ronald W. Reagan" that
highlights the many landmark achievements that
benefited crime victims during his Administration.
- "The History of the Crime Victims' Movement in the
United States" that offers a detailed overview of the
key trends and issues of the victim assistance field.
- "A Retrospective of the 1982 President's Task Force
on Victims of Crime" that summarizes the insights
that resulted from a group interview of the surviving
members of the Task Force.
- The complete Resource Guide can be
accessed in electronic format from OVC at:
All camera-ready artwork is available on the
Six sections (booklets) are included in the
The 2005 NCVRW Resource Guide includes
seven new additions:
Quick Tips for Planning:
- Carefully review all the contents of the Resource
- Establish a NCVRW Planning Committee.
- Seek collaboration with a wide range of partners.
- Develop a planning timetable.
- Develop a current roster of news media.
- Coordinate 2005 NCVRW activities with other national
victim-related observances planned for April 2005.
Have a great 2005 National Crime Victims' Rights Week
(and don't forget to complete your Resource Guide
evaluation form and return it to OVC)!
|National Crime Victims' Rights
Week: Justice Isn't Served Until Crime Victims Are
||April 1016, 2005