The Office for Vlctims of Crime's (OVC's) Trainers Bureau
improves services to crime victims by providing training and
technical assistance to victim assistance programs and other
agencies that deal with crime victims. This initiative is designed
to assist Federal, State, and local agencies in addressing
administrative and programmatic issues.
OVC has established the following goals for the Trainers
- To stimulate the development of professional expertise un
the field of victim services by identifying outstanding
experts and model programs, policies, and practices.
- To make the expertise available to agencies through
effective, high-quality training and short-term technical
- To cost-effectively deliver the assistance by targeting it to
meet specific, priorits needs.
OVC has identified and recruited consultants, including:
- Skilled trainers to conduct workshops at conferences,
seminars, and other training events.
- Professionals capable of providing effective onsite
technical assistance to address significant operational
problems and needs.
The Trainers Bureau offers expertise on a wide range of general
and specific victim-related topics. Some examples of
general topics include
To apply for Trainers Bureau training and technical assistance
- Explain the problem to be addressed and why it cannot be
addressed with existing resources.
- Suggest a plan or specific action to address the problem.
- Give information about the number and current job
responsibilities of the individuals to be trained or provided
with technical assistance.
- Estimate the number of hours or days of assistance needed
and anticipated timeframe for receiving assistance.
- Describe the expected outcome of the assistancc and any
end product sought (e.g., wrilten report, verbal report,
written assessment, or other).
- Indicate the knowlcdgc and/or skills required by the
individual(s) who will provide thc assistance.
- Provide name, title, address, and telephone number of the agency contact.
- Show agency commitment by including the signature of the agency's executive officer.
The Trainers Bureau will consider the following criteria for selection of services:
Special consideration will be given to requests where the assistance would have statewide or regional impact,
or build interagency or multidisciplinary capacity to deliver services.
- Clarity of the request, including the description of the problem.
- Potential impact of the assistance.
- Commitment of resources from other sources to support the training and technical assistance request.
- Need for Federal support to provide the assistance.
For additonal information, contact the Trainers Bureau, Office for Victims of Crime, Special Projects Division, Suite
1352, 633 Indiana Avenue N.W., Washington, D.C. 20531, 202-307-5950.
Back to Table of Contents
The information on this page is archived and provided for reference purposes only.