OVC Resource Center
The OVC Resource Center (OVCRC) provides information and resources to the victim assistance field to support the efforts of national, international, state, military, and tribal victim assistance and criminal justice agencies and other professional organizations in promoting fundamental rights and comprehensive services for all victims.
As part of the National Criminal Justice Reference Service (NCJRS), OVCRC offers:
- Staff members to answer questions or conduct research.
- Publications from all U.S. Department of Justice agencies.
- The NCJRS library, which houses thousands of scholarly reports, journal articles, books, and other media on criminal justice and victim issues and research. Under the keyword "Victims," users can rapidly access sources through topic listings kept current by OVCRC staff.
- A variety of online services.
- The biweekly online newsletter JUSTINFO.
- Information about past and upcoming conferences nationwide.
OVCRC's main focus is on practitioners, including federal, state, local, and tribal agencies that serve victims and victim service providers; private nonprofit victim service organizations; victim advocacy organizations; researchers and educators; and victims' rights organizations.
For more details, visit the OVCRC Web site.