This file is provided for reference purposes only. It was current when produced, but is no longer maintained and may now be outdated. Please select www.ovc.gov
to access current information.
Goals of the Focus Group Meeting
Prior to the April 1998 meeting, the meeting facilitator and OVC staff developed goals for the meeting, as listed below in no particular order:
- Identify the critical issues involved in victimization by fraud and economic crime.
- Identify and examine the unique problems and needs of fraud and economic crime victims.
- Identify current procedures, programs, and program components dealing with the impact needs of fraud and economic crime victims. Identify these
as "promising practices" for providing effective services
- Identify research needed in the area of fraud and economic crime victimization.
- Consider how the Federal Government can provide leadership and support for efforts to assist victims of fraud and economic crime.
- Reach consensus on 10 priorities concerning victims of fraud and economic crime.
- Formulate a plan of action for future activities by OVC concerning fraud and economic crime
OVC Bulletin, May 2000, Victims of Fraud and Economic Crime
The information on this page is archived and provided for reference purposes only.