IN THE SPOTLIGHT
Drug Courts - Training and Technical Assistance
The following training and technical assistance opportunities are a sample of those available through nationally recognized agencies and associations.
- Bureau of Justice Assistance (BJA) National Training and Technical Assistance Center (NTTAC)
- BJA NTTAC serves as a major source of justice-related training and technical assistance information and resources, and offers specialized assistance on current laws and evolving trends affecting the criminal justice field.
- Drug Court Clearinghouse/Adult Technical Assistance Project (DCTAP)
- DCTAP offers a wide range of free and cost-share services to drug court and other problem solving court programs that focus on services to substance abusing offenders to promote improved program effectiveness and long term participant success.
- Drug Court Planning Initiative (DCPI)
- DCPI works to develop and implement the Adult Drug Court Planning Initiative, Tribal Healing to Wellness Courts Planning Initiative, and Veterans Treatment Court Planning Initiative curriculum.
- Juvenile Drug Treatment Court Guidelines
- In December 2016, the Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention released the Juvenile Drug Treatment Court Guidelines, which are designed to help juvenile drug treatment court staff improve the lives of the youth they serve. Download the guidelines, view supporting information, or view an interactive display of the guideline components.
- National Addiction Technology Transfer Centers (ATTC)
- Sponsored by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, ATTC seeks to increase the knowledge and skills of all professionals who intervene in the lives of substance abusers and to foster alliances to support and implement best treatment practices.
- National Drug Court Institute (NDCI)
- NDCI provides comprehensive drug court training, works to develop more effective drug court policies and procedures, and disseminates important drug court research, evaluations, and commentary.
- Translating Drug Court Research into Practice
- Co-funded by the Bureau of Justice Assistance and the National Institute of Justice, the purpose of the Adult Drug Court Research to Practice Initiative is to disseminate information to drug court practitioners about current research relevant to the operations and services of adult drugs.
Justice Events Calendar
The NCJRS Justice Events calendar offers a comprehensive list of conferences, workshops, seminars, and other events.