IN THE SPOTLIGHT
Women and Girls in the Justice System - Grants and Funding
This section contains links to Federal funding opportunities.
- Grants 101
- The Office of Justice Programs' (OJP) Grants 101 resource is a step-by-step tutorial on the OJP grant process. It is designed to help prospective grantees prepare more effective applications and to provide them with an overview of the OJP grant process.
- The Federal Government's Grants.gov Web site is a central storehouse for information on over 1,000 grant programs and provides access to approximately $500 billion in annual awards.
- Juvenile Accountability Block Grants (JABG) Program
- The JABG program is administered by the Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention (OJJDP) and provides block grants to States that have implemented or are considering implementation of legislation and/or programs promoting greater accountability in the juvenile justice system.
- Office of Justice Programs (OJP)
- OJP provides federal leadership in developing the nation's capacity to prevent and control crime, administer justice, and assist victims. Contained on the OJP Funding Resource Center site is information about open solicitations, resources for applicants and grantees, grant procedures and requirements, links to State Administering Agencies, and additional grant-related resources.