Special Feature: Youth Violence - Gun Violence
- National Public Safety Partnership (PSP)
- Coordinated by the Bureau of Justice Assistance, PSP provides a framework for enhancing federal support of law enforcement officials and prosecutors as they aggressively investigate and pursue violent criminals—specifically those involved in gun crime, drug trafficking and gang violence.
- Project Safe Neighborhoods (PSN)
- PSN is a nationwide commitment to reduce gun crime in America by networking existing local programs that target gun crime and providing these programs with additional tools necessary to be successful.
Publications and Multimedia
- Community-Based Violence Prevention Study of the Safe and Successful Youth Initiative: An Intervention To Prevent Urban Gun Violence
- Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention-Sponsored, April 2017
- Model Programs Guide Literature Review: Gun Violence and Youth
- Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention-Sponsored, December 2016
- Preventing Gun Violence: Understanding Law Enforcement Response and Improving Multi-disciplinary Partnerships for Peace
- National Institute of Justice, August 2016
- National Youth Violence Prevention Update: 2010-2016
- Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention-Sponsored, July 2016
- Combatting Youth Violence in American Cities: Programs and Partnerships in 30 Cities
- Office of Community Oriented Policing Services, June 2016
- Durable Collaborations: The National Forum on Youth Violence Prevention
- Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention-Sponsored, June 2016
- Homicide Rates Among Persons Aged 10–24 Years — United States, 1981–2010
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, July 2013
- Testing a Public Health Approach to Gun Violence: An Evaluation of Crown Heights Save Our Streets, a Replication of the Cure Violence Model
- Bureau of Justice Assistance-Sponsored, 2013
- Violent Crime Against Youth, 1994-2010
- Bureau of Justice Statistics, December 2012
- Gun Violence Among Serious Young Offenders
- Office of Community Oriented Policing Services, April 2010
- Project Safe Neighborhoods - A National Program to Reduce Gun Crime: Final Project Report
- National Institute of Justice-Sponsored, February 2009
- Paving the Way for Project Safe Neighborhoods: SACSI in 10 U.S. Cities
- National Institute of Justice, April 2008
- Evaluation of CeaseFire-Chicago
- National Institute of Justice-Sponsored, March 2008
- Active Shooter Preparedness
- The U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Active Shooter Preparedness website offers free courses, materials, and workshops to better prepare the private and public sector to deal with an active shooter situation and to raise awareness of behaviors that represent pre-incident indicators and characteristics of active shooters.
- The National Institute of Justice's CrimeSolutions.gov website is meant to help practitioners and policymakers understand what works in justice-related programs and practices. Included on CrimeSolutions.gov is relevant program and topical information pertaining to youth gun violence and prevention.
- Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention (OJJDP)
- OJJDP provides national leadership, coordination, and resources to prevent and respond to juvenile delinquency and victimization.