OVC's new e-publication provides guidelines and recommendations to help victim service providers and program administrators improve the quality and consistency of their response to crime victims.
OJJDP Administrator Robert Listenbee affirms OJJDP’s commitment to ensure that every youth involved with the juvenile justice system has early access to well-qualified counsel and quality postdisposition representation. Read his Message
See our Justice Events page for access to information about upcoming webinars, conferences, and trainings on a variety of topics.
Register to Stay Informed
Join the NCJRS community to stay informed about new publications, grants and funding opportunities, and other news and announcements.
Register now to receive emails from the federal sponsors.
Reconsidering Juvenile Life Sentences
In a new blog post, OJJDP Administrator Robert L. Listenbee and OVC Director Joye E. Frost discuss the importance of reforming juvenile life sentences.
Access SORNA Implementation Information
Information is now easily accessible on state, territory, and Indian tribe registration and notification systems that have substantially implemented the Sex Offender Registration and Notification Act (SORNA). See the SORNA Implementation Status map for reports.
- Data Snapshot on youth residential facilities focuses on the changing nature of facility populations, characteristics, and practices
- Achieving Excellence: Model Standards for Serving Victims and Survivors of Crime e-publication now available
- TECHBeat, July-August 2016
- National Gang Center Newsletter, Summer 2016
The following funding opportunities were recently released:
- Second Chance Act Statewide Adult Recidivism Reduction Strategic Plan Implementation Program
Applications due: August 30, 2016
- Vision 21 Law Enforcement and the Communities They Serve: Supporting Collective Healing in the Wake of Harm
Applications due: September 7, 2016
See the OJP Funding Resource Center for additional information and resources.