skip navigation

Add your conference to our Justice Events calendar


I am a crime victim, how can I get help?
Help in your area is available from your State/Local Victim Compensation and Assistance programs. Assistance may come in the form of financial reimbursement or victim services. Funding support for state assistance and compensation programs comes from the Crime Victims Fund administered by the Office for Victims of Crime (OVC) as authorized by the Victim of Crime Act (VOCA).

Another source of help is your local victim/witness assistance program. You may contact the National Organization for Victim Assistance at 800-TRY-NOVA for a referral in your area.

Find out more about What You Can Do If You Are a Victim of Crime, an OVC brochure with a brief overview of OVC, your rights, and where you can get help.

Last Updated: November 13, 2013

Ask Another Question

Email Your Question