skip navigation

Add your conference to our Justice Events calendar


Who can parents contact for assistance when their child has been abducted?
If you have not yet contacted the law enforcement regarding this matter, please do so immediately. Ask law enforcement to issue an AMBER Alert. Through AMBER Alert, law enforcement agencies and broadcasters activate an urgent bulletin in the most serious child abduction cases. Request that law enforcement put out a Be On the Look Out (BOLO) bulletin. Ask them about involving the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) in the search for your child. Additional helpful information for families about what to do when a child is missing is available in the Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention (OJJDP) report, When Your Child is Missing: A Family Survival Guide.

For additional assistance, parents may contact the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC) at 800-843-5678.

Last Updated: November 13, 2012

Ask Another Question

Email Your Question